Individual Tax Returns

Tax Return Agents in Greensborough, Eltham, Doreen & Diamond Creek

Melican Partners’ team of Tax Accountants are ready to help you achieve your best possible individual tax refund. Our team looks for ways to minimise your tax liability and maximise your deductions and will need certain information to complete your tax return.

An individual tax return is a form submitted to the ATO to report all taxable income received during a specific period, usually the previous year. Melican Partners provides convenient solutions that will make all the processes involved in Individual Tax Returns to be easy and stress-free.

What you will need for your tax return:

To maximise your appointment like we maximise your tax refund, you’ll need to bring a few documents and receipts with you.

Income Statements

  • PAYG Payment Summary (Group Certificate)

    Your employer is no longer required to provide you with a PAYG Payment Summary if they are reporting your wages to the ATO via Single Touch Payroll. If that is the case, we will be able to access your wages information directly from the ATO. If you have still received a PAYG Payment Summary, please include a copy. Also include any eligible termination or superannuation payments.

  • Share dividend statements
  • Annual tax statements from trusts managed investments, property and cash management trusts
  • Income and expenses from investment properties
  • Business income
  • Foreign income

Deductions & Expenses

  • A list of work-related expenses (with receipts). This includes your motor vehicle log
  • Receipts of charitable donations
  • Interest and fees on investment loans
  • Donations to charities (unless you get a ticket to win something in return, those ones don’t count)
  • School building levies and library funds
  • Fee charged for previous year’s tax return
  • Income protection insurance
  • Sickness and accident insurance
  • Any extra superannuation contributions
  • Accommodation and meals costs you’ve incurred from working away from home
  • Home office running expenses
  • Work-related education expenses
  • Rental property expenses – rates, body corporate, agent fees, interest on your loan, repair and maintenance, water rates, depreciation schedule
  • Investment expenses
  • Records of sales and purchases of shares, businesses or property